Gaming Tournaments / Games Room

Have an idea for an event you would like to see run at ScotiaCon? Post it in here!
Tribal

Gaming Tournaments / Games Room

Post by Tribal » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:22 pm

Hello everyone!

UPDATE!! UPDATE!! UPDATE!! UPDATE!! UPDATE!! UPDATE!!
We now have times on when the games room will be available during Scotiacon weekend (as it currently stands)
On
Friday the 4th of Novemberwe'll have our consoles set up for Smash and Mario Kart in the events room for a freeplay session. Anyone who's anyone can play from 10pm til 1am with your own rules. Biggest rule is to have fun!

On
Saturday the 5th of November we'll be holding the Smash bros tournament from 1pm in the events room. So make sure you have your names down on the sign up sheet beforehand, we'll be doing a similar tournament system to how we ran it last year, so its recommended your there when the event starts in case you miss out on your place.

RULES!! RULES!! RULES!! RULES!!
We'll supply controllers for the game, but if your more comfortable using your own pads or remotes feel free to bring them, just double check it with either me or Taio first so peoples belonging don't go missing.

The game will be the WiiU Smash bros, Stock based matches, No items, and only Omega stages.
Team based games will follow the same rules also.

PRIZES!! PRIZES!! PRIZES!! PRIZES!!
As others will know from last year, we had an abundance of gear to give out to you lucky few who stood victor. Did you miss out on them lovely things last year? want to make this your super come back?? well good! we have more goodies up for grabs that will make you want to fight for glory!
We'll be posting pics up on our twitter feeds as well as links on here, otherwise follow us at @DC_Zinogre and @Taiowolf for frequent updates on this event.

your thoughts guys? leave your comments below!

-Tribal
Last edited by Tribal on Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Awkore
Head of Registration

Re: Gaming Tournaments / Games Room

Post by Awkore » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:47 am

Let's get planning!

Shall inform the right people

FixyFox

Post by FixyFox » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:08 pm

Don't know if it would be possible...but in light of Pokemon Go being back in the limelight....we could bring back Pokemon Stadium tournaments?
Just an idea....wish I still had a N64

Kenara
Chief CoffeeCat

Post by Kenara » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:13 pm

Or even Pokken

Felyx

Post by Felyx » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:00 pm

Rules: all items no omega :p

Sayre Foxx

Post by Sayre Foxx » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:27 pm

Im hoping to help with this event (we are tottally making it an offical thing this year too cause it was so fun last year even though i sucked ^^)

im hoping to get 3 consoles for SSB, Mario Kart and Pokken and do a constant change over of game during the tournement, try and throw you off your game a little, if we cant get a 3rd console, thinking the final few rounds can be pokken instead

Tribal do you have Tellagram or would PM on here be ok to contact you by?

prattle

Post by prattle » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:49 pm

it's always to have a bit of free gaming time, whether it be console, card or board based, can produce some ps2 fighters and console to match, Bloody roar 3+4... just realised how few fighting games I have for ps2... I also have singstar, but there's usually karaoke night anyway

Tribal

Post by Tribal » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:28 pm

Sayre Foxx wrote:Tribal do you have Tellagram or would PM on here be ok to contact you by?
I don't have telegram at the moment, due to a very poor quality phone, but you can add TaioWolf, he can relay messages back to me for the time being :)

I can see there's lots of interest! I'll try and plan an official topic for the games tournament especially. We'll be able to bring ad least 3 WiiU's, so mixing in a number of games for the room can be arranged, either pokken and Mario kart :D
However, this will mean a number of T.V's and if the staff can't supply the desired amount then we'll have to do with what we can get. :)

Terra

Post by Terra » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:11 pm

The tourney was so fun last year I can't wait for it again! ^.^ And just to confirm we will definitely be able to bring 3 wii U's and possibly a fourth one as well, however it all depends on the amount of t.v's we are able to get our paws on :3
A red fox~