Writing Workshop

Have an idea for an event you would like to see run at ScotiaCon? Post it in here!
Azakir

Writing Workshop

Post by Azakir » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:02 pm

Hi folks!

I remember at the feedback session last year there was some call for a workshop or panel on writing, as authors perhaps felt a bit underrepresented in the events line up.

If there's still interest I wanted to offer to run some form of workshop. I've done a fair amount of creative writing over the years and as a ten time NaNoWriMo participant and winner, I figure I've got a few tips and tricks I could pass on.

Definitely something I'd be excited to do if people would be excited to attend!

Azakir

Silverfoxwolf
Co Chairman

Re: Writing Workshop

Post by Silverfoxwolf » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:50 pm

Writing stories is very hard to do, I've attempted things before and never really found the time to finish up things. Some tips and tricks would I think be welcome, maybe with a bit of reading too of some short passages to get people started thinking?

Alexsilverfang

Post by Alexsilverfang » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:44 am

Azakir wrote:If there's still interest I wanted to offer to run some form of workshop. I've done a fair amount of creative writing over the years and as a ten time NaNoWriMo participant and winner, I figure I've got a few tips and tricks I could pass on.

Definitely something I'd be excited to do if people would be excited to attend!
Well If you're up for running this panel We'll be more than happy to fit this in for your. we have a few slots available, if you want to can give me a shout here or get me one telegram =D

Azakir

Post by Azakir » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:33 am

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who came to my writing panel. Hope you all found it useful and took away some useful tips! I definitely had a great time running it.

If you write anything you'd like to share, I'd love to read it, especially if you used some of the advice from the panel. You can find me on Twitter as @SignpostDragon and on FA as Azakir.

Happy writing, everyone!